SEMS, School of Engineering, Mathematics & Science offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees showcasing the best of RMU’s practical, real-world philosophy of engaged and applied learning. RMU’s focus on communication and business skills, plus its strong liberal arts core, give graduates an advantage in the job market. Our students enjoy small class sizes and personal attention to make RMU a great place to learn. SEMS graduates enjoy 92% job placement after 12 months post-graduation.
What Sets Us Apart
- Close ties to the business world, allowing our students to tackle real-world problems.
- Internships and research — key to our curriculum and job placement.
- 7,500-square- foot Engineering Learning Factory
- ABET accredited bachelor’s degree in Engineering, accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
- Pennsylvania’s only ABET-accredited bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering
- An Actuarial Science Program among the first 10 U.S. schools designated as Centers of Actuarial Excellence by the Society of Actuaries in 2010 (and just 15 U.S. schools in 2014).
- Pre-Med Linkage concentration that can guarantee acceptance at Drexel University College of Medicine/Allegheny General Hospital, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine and Palmer College of Chiropractic.