Sue E. Spade, M.S.
Lecturer of Engineering
- Associate in Arts, Liberal Arts, Lorain County Community College, 1972
- Master of Science, Electrical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1986
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, University of Dayton, 1979
- Bachelor of Arts, Mathematics, Oberlin College, 1974
- Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company, Alexandria, LA, Laboratory Manager, Staff Industrial Engineer, 1980-82. Quality control testing of raw materials and finished products. Allocation of costs across 7 brands of detergent at that facility. Cost/benefit analysis of manufacturing, packaging, warehousing, and office methods improvements.
- Sprint Corporation, Tyler TX, Gardner KS, Kansas City MO, Engineer, Manager, 1982-1995. Delivered presentations at industry conferences. Provided technical input to legal staff in FCC pleadings. Managed engineering staff responsible for central office and outside plant additions, replacements, and upgrades in multistate area.
- Sprint PCS, Pittsburgh PA, Network Design Manager, 1995-1998. Department head in first major Sprint market to launch digital wireless service. Responsible for design and implementation of fixed network, staff hiring and training, capital and expense budgets, network performance monitoring, and implementation of regulatory mandates.
- FedEx Ground, Moon Township PA, Material Handling Project Engineer. Define and manage material handling scopes, schedules, and budgets. Negotiate material handling contract articles. Provide project start-up support and field operational training.
- Community College of Beaver County, Adjunct Faculty in Mathematics, 2009-present.
- Robert Morris University, Adjunct Faculty in Physics, 2015.
- FedEx Ground, Moon Township PA, Operations Systems Support Engineer. Manage on van cellular data network, improving performance and establishing troubleshooting processes. Provide front line support of individual unit problems.
- Penn State Beaver, Adjunct Faculty in Mathematics, 2009.
- Community College of Allegheny County, Adjunct Faculty in Physics, 2009-present.
- 2015 - Met with 40 students at Mt. Lebanon High School STEM Academy "Lunch and Learn" series.
- 2016 - Judged senior project presentations at Moon Area High School.