Actuarial Science by the Numbers
Here are some fast facts and figures about the Actuarial Science major:
- RMU has four (4) full-time credentialed Actuarial Science professors
- RMU covers the material on all five (5) preliminary actuarial exams with at least two (2) courses per exam
- RMU has courses that satisfy the VEE (Validation by Educational Equivalent) requirement in all three (3) areas
- TThe number of RMU Actuarial Science majors is 122 as of spring 2016
- The number of current students who have passed at least one exam (as of April 2016) is 54. Current students have passed a total of 106 exams.
- During the years 2009 to 2014, 74 students received a grade of A in the Prob/Stat class for Exam P (about half of all students taking the class). Of these, 69 or 93%, passed P within six months of completing the course. The majority of these students were freshmen!
- During the years 2009 to 2014, 61 students received a grade of A in Interest Theory class. Of these, 57 or 93%, passed Exam FM within the next six months.
The following table shows statistics on the graduating classes from 2010 to 2015: