DEPARTMENTS & OFFICES >
SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING, MATHEMATICS AND SCIENCE >
BOARD OF VISITORS
Board of Visitors
In order to assure that our programs stay in touch with the realities of the world of work we have established an Industrial Board of Visitors for the School of Engineering, Mathematics and Science (SEMS). This board would have members who are engaged in engineering, mathematics or science related endeavors. Its main purpose would be to serve as a strategic sounding board to the school dean in charting the course of growth and development in the years ahead for a new paradigm of engineering, mathematics and science education at Robert Morris University. Thus the board plays a crucial role in shaping the future of SEMS in the years ahead and helps us to realize our goal of making SEMS a school with national distinction in preparing the future engineers, scientists and mathematicians serving the needs of society.
Specific Roles of the Board and its Members
- Assist in building brand name recognition for engineering, math and science at Robert Morris University.
- Provide a forum to present knowledge of current and future industry trends for continuous improvement of the programs offered by SEMS.
- Help steer the development of SEMS curricula and facilities based on industry needs.
- Serve as the point of contact within their organizations or the professional community for grants, gifts and other mutually beneficial projects.
- Help secure cash and in-kind gifts for the University and the SEMS.
- Help secure internship positions and jobs for SEMS students and graduates.
- Assist with class projects, senior capstone design projects, research projects and proposals to funding agencies.
- Serve as ambassadors for SEMS in their community.
||Managing Principal, Towers Watson (Retired)
||Chief Operating Officer, Epiphany Solar Water Systems
|Bryant, Christine||Head, Coatings, Adhesives & Specialties (CAS), Commercial Operations NAFTA, Bayer Material Science LLC|
||Director of the Institute for Complex Engineered Systems (ICES), the Howard M. Wilkoff Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, and Professor of the Robotics Institute; Courtesy Appointment, Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University
||Consultant, James. E. Kassner Consulting
||Senior Vice President & Chief Technology Officer, Chester Engineers
||Vice-President, R&D Business Development, ATI Metals
||Project Manager, VersiTech, Inc.
||Partner, Enscoe Long Insurance Group, LLC
||President, Microsonic, Inc.
|Miller, Mark ||Superintendent, Buckeye Local Schools|
||Senior Retirement Consultant, Towers Watson
|Noelting, Gregory||General Manager, Global Plant Processes, US Steel Corporation|
||Chief Scientist & Vice President of Engineering, Microsonic, Inc.
|Peters, Jeffrey ||Campus Relations Specialist, US Steel Corporation|
||President, Allegheny Singer Research Institute Professor, Departments of Surgery and Microbiology & Immunology, Drexel University College of Medicine
||Vice President, Senior Markets Actuary, Highmark, Inc.
||Executive Vice President/General Manager, Schroeder Industries LLC
|Segar, William ||Vice President, Engineering, Bombardier (retired)|
|Smith, Kimberly ||Business Development Associate, Wallace & Pancher, Inc.|
|Wagner, Jennifer B.
||Senior Associate, Retirement, Buck Consultants
||CEO, Carmell Therapeutics